Frugality is rather boring!
I don’t think I am alone in this but right now I am trying to be good and save money. I am bringing my lunch every day to work. I am not running to the mall everyday and my trips to Wal-Mart are less frequent too. All these things are good and I am happy I am doing them. My savings are increasing and I think I will survive Christmas this year. The problem is, spending less is kinda boring and it just makes me think about all the things I want that I shouldn’t or can’t buy. The following is a list of things I have thought about SIMPLY because I can’t have them right now!
- An iPad – duh!
- A new slightly smaller car
- A vacation to a sandy beach
- New laminate floors in my house
- A porch attached to the back of the house.
- New cool boots ANY cool boots!
- The new iPhone
- A new Apple laptop
- To go to graduate school
- New living room furniture – NON CREAM colored living room furniture!
Instead of buying those things I am:
- Not eating out anymore – sniff sniff!!
- Eating more healthy – yawn.
- Working out more – at least trying to work out more!
- Talking to the boys more – very nice.
- Working more – yuck!
- Reading more – love it!
- Blogging more – woo hoo!!
- Organizing my house – or at least trying to organize my house. It really is impossible.
- Riding my bike – FUN!!
- Thinking about everything – too much thinking!
I keep telling myself that by being frugal I will be able to have the following things instead:
- A monetary cushion – YEAH!
- A great college fund for the boys.
- Fantastic retirement savings – hopefully!
- Peace of mind – kinda!
All this is great but it is boring in some ways. In others ways it is good for our family. I will keep you posted. I may need some support to maintain this lifestyle!!
If anyone out there is good at doing this, sharing how you do it would be appreciated!
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.