This is not optional!
As I go through my day I realize that many people have a different idea of what is required and what is optional when it comes to everyday life. What I think is a given seems to be debatable to others. Not to be bossy, but I think the following things are not optional. Rather, in my world, they are required!
- Saying, “Thank you.” when someone holds the door open for you.
- Wearing a bra if your boobs sag below your belly button. I am all for natural but boobs at the belly button is too natural. They must be contained and controlled for your safety and the safety of others
- Blowing and/or picking your nose in private. A public place is NOT where you do those things. Yuck!!
- Shaving your armpits if you are going sleeveless (for ladies).
- Shaving your legs if your legs are visible (for ladies).
- Walking out the “out” door and walking in the “in” door.
- Refraining from texting while driving.
- Refraining from texting while eating with others.
- Refraining from texting while talking with others.
- Refraining from texting when drunk.
- Not dressing significantly nicer than your children (meaning, your kids look homeless and you look red carpet ready)
- Driving with car insurance.
- Using your blinkers – that means when you change lanes and turn!
- Before you turn on a fan, turn off the air conditioner, turn on the heater etc., ask the other people in the room if it is okay. It is just the right thing to do.
- No double-dipping. It is unacceptable and just plain nasty!
- Saying “thank you” when someone does something nice for you. Is that so hard?
- Refraining from cursing in front of children that are not your own. If you curse in front of your children, so be it. Cursing in front of other children is not cool.
- Eating the last cookie/brownie/Twinkie etc. and THROWING THE EMPTY BOX AWAY. Leaving an empty box is cruel.
- Not shopping in stilettos. It is wrong on so many levels, You look like you are in pain and those that see you are pained just looking at you.
- When someone friendly says “Hi” to you, say “Hi” back. If you don’t you should expect bad karma effects.
- Do not take up the entire aisle at the grocery store!
- Own your mistake! If you do something dumb in traffic, don’t look at me as if I did something wrong.
- Teach your children to say, “Please”, “Thank you”, “No ma’am/sir”, “Yes, ma’am/sir”, and “Excuse me”.
- Say, “Please”, “Thank you”, “No ma’am/sir”, “Yes, ma’am/sir”, and “Excuse me”.
- Do not say, “Who is this?” when you call me on the phone.
- Asking me what I think when you are TRULY READY to hear what I think. the older I get the harder it is to figure out what I am supposed to say! HA HA!
- Finally, refrain from comparing your children to mine. There is no comparison and there never will be. My children will always be weirder than yours.
If you have any you want to add, feel free to do so!!
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!